09 Mar Roast Beetroot Salad with Creamy Hazelnut Butter Dressing
- 5 medium-sized beetroot (peeled and chopped into approx 2cm x 2cm cubes)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups of rocket
- 1/4 cup of flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup of feta or vegan feta (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp of dukkah
Creamy Hazelnut Dressing
- 2 tbsp of Forty Thieves Hazelnut Butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- tsp of honey
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan bake. Add the chopped beetroot to a baking tray and drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle over a pinch of salt. Mix well, making sure the beetroot is evenly coated in olive oil. Pop in the oven to roast for 30 minutes or so until crispy on the outside and tender in the centre.
In the meantime, prepare the salad dressing by combining all ingredients in a jar and shaking well until combined.
Once the beetroot has roasted leave it to cool for at least 10 minutes so the heat doesn’t wilt the rocket.
Once you’re ready to assemble the salad add the rocket to a large bowl or platter. Then add the roasted beetroot, feta cheese, dukkah, parsley and drizzle over the creamy hazelnut dressing.