18 Mar Our update on COVID-19
As the impact of COVID-19 grows across our country and around the world, we’d like to keep you informed about any changes and updates happening here at Forty Thieves.
Our factory and online store are still operating
Our business is still operating however in response to the current situation, we have put extra measures in place on our already strict hygiene practices. You can feel safe knowing that our team will continue to follow the following rules:
- Correct handwashing upon arrival, before and after breaks and frequently throughout shifts.
- Wearing clean clothing, covered shoes, hairnets and clean aprons at every shift.
- Regularly wiping down and sanitising surfaces and machinery.
- Our staff understand that they are expected to stay home if they feel unwell and to contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453 for support and advice.
- Our staff are expected to let us know if they plan to go overseas or have come into contact with someone who has come back from overseas.
Hygiene around online order deliveries
Our courier partners have released the following information on their updated procedures:
1. Couriers will knock on the door as usual and step back two metres (or as far back as possible).
2. They will ask for the recipient’s name (to record proof of delivery) and leave the parcel on the ground in front of the receiver. The person receiving the parcel will not sign for the delivery directly.
3. The tracking information on our website will display a clearly typed recipient’s name as well as the signature image reading CV-19 (all entered by the courier).
4. If no one comes to the door and there is no Authority to Leave service in place, the courier will follow the standard process which is to leave a card to call and return the parcel to our depot.
- We recommend washing your hands immediately after opening a parcel as these do pass many hands.
- Remember you can select the option ‘authority to leave’ when placing your online orders which will mean the courier does not need to disturb you and will place your package at the front door.
Product shelf life and bulk buying
For customers wanting to avoid crowded supermarkets, we remind you to take advantage of our online store.
- We offer 500g jars as well as 2kg, 4kg and 10kg pails of all our Everyday Nut Butters.
- If you are choosing to buy in bulk, please be mindful of others and remember to keep calm and informed when making plans for your household. You can find daily updates on the current situation from the Ministry of Health website.
- All our nut butters have a shelf life of 1 year from date of manufacture. Always wash hands and use clean utensils (i.e no double-dipping) to ensure products last.
- Please be patient and expect minor delays during this time as like many other food manufacturers, we are being inundated with orders.
Supporting our brand in stores
For customers choosing to shop in stores, please help us stay on top of stock levels.
- If you notice that any of our products are out of stock in your local store, PLEASE take a photo and send through to email@example.com so that we can make contact with the store buyer to order more.
- Please be mindful of others and remember to keep calm and informed when making plans for your household.
While we are taking the situation seriously and staying updated on what’s happening here in NZ and overseas, the team at Forty Thieves are remaining happy, positive and keeping our thinking caps on as we navigate through these unsettling times. We urge you and your family to do the same.
From the Forty Thieves owners;
Shyr & Brent Godfrey